Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Women In Business- I Challenge All Baby Bloomers To Mentor A Millenial In 2015


I have little doubt that in the next future decades, the millennial women of today will help advance and advocate for women in small business of the future.While the journey for women in small business is evolutionary, millennial women are best positioned to move and grow right now! So let's support them the best way we know how!

 This article explains the millennial characteristics very well..... http://talent.linkedin.com/blog/index.php/2013/12/8-millennials-traits-you-should-know-about-before-you-hire-them

I am a self-described baby boomer who has over 25 years in business. I admit I do not have many characteristics the millennial of today possesses. However, as long as I have capacity (lol), I can still learn, and learning is what I've done to start my business. Thanks to the millennial, and those who preceded them, there is not one thing you can't do on the internet.

The only thing I and other baby boomers have left for a millennial woman is to mentor her, advocate for her, and leave her with a positive influence. Who gets value like that? I can speak for many baby boomers who did not have a female mentor, advocate, and positive influence in business. Certainly not like our male counterparts did.....

So, my challenge is to women baby boomers.....seek a female millennial who you think you can influence and help prepare her for the future of women in small business. 

Please share if you commit to this challenge with other women you know and me at  donnaslater@women4womenclub.guru 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find any coach to help you find your passion. Everyone deserves to be coached.