Friday, January 30, 2015

Women In Business-Ask for Referrals...It's Not That Hard!

Whenever a client or prospect says "thank you for all your work", most sales people say "my pleasure...blah blah blah". You can fill in anything with blah blah blah, but I will give you the correct  general response....you are very welcome...this is my passion and I love what I do....and, because you feel this way, can you give me three names of people you know who would appreciate the same client experience? At that point, you can add....my ideal client is just like you, with the same needs, (fill in the rest)....

This is not intended to encompass the entire conversation, but at this point, the client will feel compelled and obligated to give you 3 "qualified" names. One example of how to make them accountable is to ask for name, email and phone number by email introduction with their referral cc'd. Of course the client will probably ask permission of their friends or family they refer first, and they should ask permission of those people! Nobody wants to be blindsided and transparency is the best policy.

It's really that simple. While many in sales think this is awkward, remember... your client's expect you to ask for referrals, as they know this is a standard in business. Bottom line is if you were able to close the business, you should be courageous enough to ask for referrals. Need I say timing is everything???

Hope you enjoy my blogs...comments welcome...
donnaslater@women4womenclub.guru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find any coach to help you find your passion. Everyone deserves to be coached.