Saturday, January 17, 2015

How Do We Build A Culture Of Empathy & Compassion Within Women In Business?


Women in business have thrived over the last decade, no one can deny that. But, isn't there always a but?? But, the journey is long and arduous, while gratifying and relevant. Isn't everything a double edged sword in business, especially for women?

Every day, I experience women who are amazing, inspiring, driven, adventurous, and kind. These experiences fuel my desire to learn new things, be curious about the things that interest me, and follow the trends these things result in. These women keep me going through thick and thin.

In contrast, remember the female culture in grade school? That person learned and was programmed to be competitive of other women, and grew that culture over time through their teens. Warning: this is not a discussion of blame, or what went wrong, or why we're not there. Blame and re-generating the past is futile.

The message and opportunity in this discussion is take action to change the culture over time, because this will always be a journey, but one we can affect change in, and advance of women.

My hope is that women everywhere reflect on their relationships with their female colleagues, friends, family, acquaintances, client's, or saleswomen, and ask themselves:

Are my relationships with all women I interact with daily that of compassion and empathy, or do I compete with those women with less desirable behavior?

Only one answer to this question is the correct answer!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! I welcome all comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find any coach to help you find your passion. Everyone deserves to be coached.