Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Women In Business - How Well Do You Respond To The Sales Monster?

Having worked my entire career in a corporate sales culture (until last year), I have seen and heard it all from my colleagues and leaders. I've seen some of the best salespeople and some of the worse salespeople in action. I've seen producers trained to keep their prospect on the phone, even if the prospect has a stroke. I've seen producers trained to answer every objection a prospect might throw at them with a question. And, I've seen some of the smoothest salespeople, where even I want to purchase anything from them.

As a society, we don't answer the sales phone call or make eye contact in the department store when a salesperson is approaching us. For many, it's a source of anxiety and fear. Bottom line, sales can be so exhausting for many consumers and businesses.

Here is my sales monsters (yes, plural) story. Last year, I completed my name and phone number to an online ad for a refinance quote. Within 2 minutes, five different salespeople from different companies embarked on me like the monsters in my nightmares. Before I knew it, I was hiding behind the couch praying for the phone to stop ringing. These 5 individuals called me day and night, and some still call every now and then. None of them wanted to give me information, they only wanted to take my information. I had specific questions, where specific answers would give me the information I needed to make an informed decision. I became too frustrated to pursue the answers to my questions!

How do I respond to these sales monsters? Simple...I hide and pray them away. In case you are confused at this point, I do not respond very well to sales monsters. Are there women in small business who do respond well to sales monsters? I haven't met any....yet!

Seriously, not all salespeople are bad, many salespeople care about their prospects and clients. The truth is you do not have to respond well to sales monsters. We have a nation of salespeople who are kind and caring servants to people like you who just want a fair deal and real answers to questions (you need to make informed decisions). One last note, keep looking until you find that one person who doesn't stuff sales down your throat! They are out there!

Thanks for reading my 22 cents. Hope you enjoyed. Comments are welcome.
donnaslater@women4womenclub.us


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find any coach to help you find your passion. Everyone deserves to be coached.