Monday, February 23, 2015

Why I Will Never Go Back To Corporate America!

Just look at this beautiful scenery above. This scenery represents peace, calm, presence, and happiness. I made a huge decision to leave my corporate job December 2013. At that time, the decision was practically a no-brainer for me. I had to eliminate stress in my life, and my job was the least of my priorities. Most people will never understand this decision because I had a good job, great colleagues, and I had no job to go to! But, what most people won't understand, these are the exact reasons I left my job!

I worked in Corporate America for over 25 years.  I had a very satisfactory journey, and will not regret one moment.....for the most part! LOL. However, over those years, I've developed quite a perspective of WHAT Corporate America DOES to most people over a long period of time. Here are the 3 top examples:

  • IT creates unbelievable stress for employees, because companies are forced (by Wall Street) to squeeze margins, so much that employees are performing the jobs of many people at one time. Corporate America dictates that we do more with less.
  • IT creates animosity among employees, because those same employees (who are performing 2 or 3 jobs) are now forced into "positioning" themselves against their colleagues, supervisors, and direct's for the same jobs.
  • IT creates horrible client satisfaction, because there is simply not enough people to do all the work client's expect and deserve.
It's all one big snowball effect. Team members become jaded, distrustful of leadership, and create overall office dissension amongst team members. For me, Corporate America turned people (I worked with), whom I've grown to really love and care for, become frantic, distressed, paranoid, and unhappy. 

If nothing else, Corporate America prepared me for how to live the second part of my life, with grace, integrity, dignity, and peace! All that matters now is I will continue to grow, but in my own business, with what Corporate America taught me the last 25 years. And, I know this journey will be amazing without all those factors I left behind. 

thanks for following....
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find any coach to help you find your passion. Everyone deserves to be coached.